FAQ | About the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
What is the Coronavirus or COVID-19 virus?
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
- Shortness of breath
How is the COVID-19 virus spread?
How will I know if I or my children have the flu or COVID-19?
What can I do to prevent being infected or spreading the virus?
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a covered trashcan.
- If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve (not your hands).
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
What is the district doing to protect students and staff?
What are some other sources of information and updates?
- Dallas County Health and Human Services – www.dallascounty.org/departments/dchhs/
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – www.cdc.gov/COVID19
- Texas Department of State Health Services – www.dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/
- Dallas ISD school nurses and the district’s Health Services Department are also trusted sources of information.
Should I or my children wear masks?
Will schools be closed if there is an outbreak of COVID-19 in Dallas?
What is being done to keep schools clean and protect students?